Solar Power Fun Facts
Fun facts on solar power include issues including the proven fact that, in a single hour, enough sunlight reaches the earth's surface to meet up the whole world's energy needs for a complete year. Imagine! That information arises from the American Solar Power Society. If you know anything at all, you will maybe want to compare about wind turbine cost.
Here are a few more enjoyable facts on solar power.
Fun factual statements about solar energy are common at any age. People want serious information about solar powered energy, but sometimes, also the serious could be stated in exciting facts.
Exciting details on solar energy include issues such as the undeniable fact that, in a single hour, enough sunlight reaches the earth's surface to generally meet the whole world's energy needs for a full year. Imagine! That information arises from the American Solar Power Society.
Here are some more pleasurable facts on solar power. To get supplementary information, we know people take a peep at: solar panel cost.
12 Fun Facts on Solar Energy
* As soon as 1921, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded for experiments with solar power and photovoltaics. Get further on this affiliated website - Click here: solar power energy. It absolutely was awarded to Albert Einstein.
* When silicon is taken from only one lot of sand, and utilized in photovoltaic solar energy systems, that silicon can produce as much electricity as 500,000 a lot of burning coal.
* In the U.S., you will find a lot more than 10,000 houses that obtain power solely from solar power.
* Almost 200 years back, food was cooked by a British astronomer the name John Herschel with solar powered energy during a trip to Africa.
* California opened its first large solar powered energy plant in 1982.
Water bills can be cut by * Solar power by over 50 percent annually in a house where a solar model changes the electric water heater.
* The price of photovoltaic (PV) solar powered energy cells has dropped 200 percent throughout the last 30 years, in line with the Department of Energy. Owners today pay between 10 and 40 cents per kilowatt-hour.
* A report by the U.S. To study additional info, please consider looking at: tidal energy. Department of Energy (USDOE) indicated that solar energy problems were close to ideal (99 percent) in Bay Area on June 14th, 2000. On that day, 100,000 power that was lost by customers in area. Solar powered energy may have provided all they needed.
* Still another USDOE research showed that the roofs of California's city and county buildings, if covered with solar PV cells, can generate 200 megawatts of clean energy! Cover California's school homes with solar power panels, and you increase 1,500 megawatts more to the state's peak power supply.
* In California, covering every accessible commercial and industrial top with solar powered energy panels could produce most of the electricity needed in that state during the day.
* Germany is making the best utilization of solar energy, despite the fact that its climate includes several cloudy days.
* It requires just about 8 minutes for solar energy to travel from the sun to our planet.
Suggestion for school teachers: Have a competition to see which number of students can uncover the most exciting details on solar powered energy..Solar Earth Choice
11914 Kling St #1
Valley Village, CA, 91607