According to Ministry of Foreign Affairs of PRC, China has decided to temporarily suspend the entry into China by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits still valid to the time of this announcement, effective from 0 a.m., 28 march 2020. Entry by foreign nationals with APEC Business Travel Cards will be suspended as well. Policies including port visas, 24/72/144-hour visa-free transit policy, Hainan 30-day visa-free policy, 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign cruise-group-tour through Shanghai Port, Guangdong 144-hour visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups from Hong Kong or Macao SAR, and Guangxi 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups of ASEAN countries will also be temporarily suspended. Entry with diplomatic, service, courtesy or C visas will not be affected.To get more news about pudong airport quarantine, you can visit shine news official website.
In late December, SARS-CoV-2 is responsible for causing an infectious disease known as COVID-19, which has caused major change in travel area. Since that time, travelers have been shocked by the speed and extent of the outbreak. Situation in China was quite severe in Jan and Feb, and getting better in March. Imported cases are continuing to rise recently.
According to Shanghai gov, quarantine rules will be applied to any passengers entering the city to contain the risk of the novel coronavirus outbreak. Passengers under quarantine should not live in the same apartment with those who are not under quarantine to reduce the risk of cross-infection. If the self-quarantine conditions do not meet quarantine requirements, passengers will be transferred to designated areas and pay for accommodation and food (200 or 400 RMB per day).
This is a breaking story, and will be updated when more news is available.
1. Flights will be classified according to their countries of origin and destination, from midnight on March 18. Quarantine measures have been extended to 16 countries in total including South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, France, Spanish, Germany, United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands, Denmark and Austria.
2. Upon arrival, passengers will go through temperature tests and filling questionnaires conducted by customs. Passengers will be divided into groups depending on the level of risk, so the waiting time may cost about two hours.
3. Upon arrival, the Customs will conduct Epidemiological Investigation and ask detailed registration of passengers from high-risk areas. Passengers will be assigned yellow, blue and green labels for follow-up quarantine measures.
Passengers who have developed fever, dry cough or other symptoms, will be applied for medical observation.
4. Baggage will be picked up after customs clearance. Passengers will be escorted to their homes or quarantine hotels by chartered buses to minimize their contact with others.
5. Inbound travelers to destinations other than Jiangsu Province in Zhejiang will be assigned special buses to airport or train station or to hotels. In the meantime, passengers should contact their local communities who will inform them speicific instructions in their provinces.