The role in the agency is usually to recruit and judge the staff for their clients' roles, and importantly, to keep up a swimming pool of obtainable workers for your various assignments that may arise from day to day. The agency is just not of great importance and use with their clients when they do not have appropriate staff when required. Labour hire is a convenient option for companies who are required staff, such as the wish to (or can't) hire directly. Australia wide in 2002, there are over 230,000 labour hire workers according to the Australian Productivity Commission, and that number is continuous to trend upwards. For any examine why so many publication rack using agencies, check out the benefits that follow.
1) Flexibility - in case a new shipment of stock arrives, there are far more staff available on call to handle it. Similarly, a small company thinks comfortable tendering or quoting for the big contract, given that they know they could access staff to back them up in the event they win anything.
2) Non-commitment - many industries are seasonal, requiring a greater workforce during sometimes of the season, and less workers during maybe. By using an agency, companies can easily increase or decrease their staff levels as needed.
3) Once off assignments are OK - if a cleaning company were built with a contract to execute a major clean with a cruise liner that docked around town only once or twice per year, they might easily contain the right degree of staff to do the job almost overnight, whereas it wouldn't what you need to use countless staff for the complete year just waiting for the ship to arrive.
4) Outsourced HR - companies can spend countless hours advertising, interviewing, checking backgrounds, checking references, and making selections - and then must do this 2-3 weeks later on if your employee fails out. With a agency, this no more will be the problem with the company; instead it's handled from the agency entirely.
5) Outsourced payroll and admin - interpreting awards, calculating timesheets, answering staff enquiries, and processing payroll are tasks that consume substantial durations. When a company chooses to interact staff via an agency, these functions are typical performed externally, treatment of administrative burden from in-house staff.
The word labour hire is primarily an Australian term - far away it's name is staffing or manpower, as well as the companies who give you the service are called manpower agencies or staffing agencies.
For details about labour hire please visit internet page: this site.